"Stop: C0000221 unknown hard error /SystemRoot/System32/ntdl.ddl"
The above error is one of the blue death screen. So what's with the above error ? How to fix it ?
This error generally occurs due to the missing or corruption of dll's (Dynamic-Link Library). Mostly you'll come across this problem when you install any driver, which is not a better supportive to your OS. This driver software effects all other I/O drivers which causes malfunctioning of them. So to recover those drivers, you might restore from a back up or might format the PC/laptop. While formating after passing the checking you'll be shown a blue death screen as shown in the picture. So now how to fix this? just forget the word of formatting and start system normally, First unistall the software or driver which lead this problem after installing in your OS. Then Start formatting and you'll now not face this error. Even thought after uninstalling the software you are facing this problem, then you really have to make your hands dirty. Again start your system now use anyregistry cleaner to clean registries and then make sure all the temporary files are deleted by cleaning up the disk by shown methods which I have done. Recommended software fix use a Uniblue registry booster
If after following the above steps also your facing the same problem then your registry isn't getting back most probably. So there's only one solution for this download the ntdl.dll and install it. This would work fine for the last trial. This is the ultimate solution for this problem.
How to install .dll
- Open the zip-file you downloaded from DLL-files.com.
- Extract the .dll-file to a location on your computer. We recommend you to unzip the file to the directory of the program that is requesting the file. If that doesn't work, you will have to extract the file to your system directory. By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP, Vista, 7).
- Make sure overwrite any existing files (but make a backup copy of the original file).
- Reboot your computer.
- If the problem still occurs, try the following:
- 1. Press Start and select Run.
- 2. Type CMD and press Enter (or if you use Windows ME, type COMMAND).
- 3. Type regsvr32 "filename".dll and press Enter.
If you want more how to install a .dll click here